NOLA | North American Songwriting Contest
Do You Have What It Takes?? Global All-Call for Song Submissions Free Qualification Round
New Orleans: The great Ernie K-Doe once quipped, “I’m not sure, but I think all music started in New Orleans.” From the earliest French Opera Houses, the rhythms of Congo Square, to Jazz, Gospel, Blues, Rock, and Brass Bands, to today’s Folk, Rock, Pop, R&B, and Hip Hop, all have found a home in New Orleans. “We might not have started it all, but we LOVE It All.”
As a ‘must perform’ place for artists worldwide, New Orleans is the perfect venue to launch a songwriter’s career; we understand the exhilaration of appreciation and the opportunities in the music business.
The North American Song Competition promises those who submit opportunities for knowledge and direction in their journey in the music business, powered by the decades of music industry activities of Cutting Edge CE Conferences & Events, its sponsors, collaborators, and speakers.
Get invited! The First Round is on us – The Second Round is on your fans. APPLY
New Orleans’ North American Song Competition uniquely allows songwriters from all genres to submit their songs or EPKs for FREE. We will review your submission; a select number will get invited to make song submissions to the Second Round. Fees are Free, and documentation verifying ownership is not due until an invitation is delivered.
For those who submit songs, New Orleans’ North American Song Competition will provide evaluations of their songs, ensuring they were thoroughly reviewed and reasonably considered.
The New Orleans’ North American Song Competition is suitable for songwriters, lyricists, and composers of any genre and career level.
* Reasons Why This Contest * APPLY
- One of a Kind Competition: New Orleans’ North American Song Competition call for submissions is open to all songwriters; the final rounds will take place in the most musical city in the world: New Orleans. Earn an invitation to have your song performed LIVE in front of industry judges and an audience (see Rules & Entry).
- Your Invitation to New Orleans Is Your 1st Prize. Unlike other competitions, the final selection will take place in New Orleans, where songwriters will meet to Compete for Cash and Prizes, and attend the Songwriters Expo, where they will be able to share stories, meet a mentor, record executives, music supervisors, filmmakers, producers, promoters, and booking agents. A limited number of songwriters will get invited to move on to the 2nd Round – a Select number will continue to New Orleans to perform in front of live audiences.
- Fair and Responsive Judging: Your Fans decide your invitation to the finals with their vote. Each songwriter invited to the final round in New Orleans will receive evaluations and feedback from expert judges and industry execs.
- It is Always About the Song! Songs are judged on Content (lyrics, melody, song structure), style, originality, and durability (i.e., Does the song have what it takes to test time?). Each applicant will also be judged on: Production, Performance, or Instrumentation. Commercial and artistic songs will get evaluated equally.
- First Round Free: Nothing is more affordable than free. We will check out your song’s video and invite you to the second round, where your fans will vote for you to the second round. And determine you will get invited to submit this year if the songwriter accepts the invitation and submit a song(s).
- Thoughtful Consideration of a Songwriter’s Career: You will promptly receive an entry confirmation when invited songwriters submit songs. Songwriters invited to final rounds in New Orleans will gain entrance to the Songwriters Expo. The Expo’s purpose is to advance the careers of songwriters with its Opportunity Market, meetings, and one-on-one consultations. The Songwriters Expo is Powered By The Cutting Edge CE Conferences and Events (formerly the Cutting Edge Music Business Conferences). Established in 1993, Cutting Edge CE Conferences and Events has provided opportunities for thousands of performing artists, record executives, publishers, entertainment attorneys, and music entrepreneurs. In addition, the Cutting Edge Entertainment Law Seminar is one of the top legal seminars in the country.
- A Great Town for A Competition: New Orleans, the Most Musical City in the World. APPLY